so ramdon. so wierd. so waht.

Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

g-mail and gmaps

for those of you that have gmail. there is a new thing where you can change the skin or theme of your g-mail. I chose the one called tea house cuz its interesting in the fact that the background changes with the time of day. There is a sun that goes across the screen as the day moves on, and then its dark at night with a moon (maybe when its clear skies for my area, i entered edison) just waiting to see if its white when there is snow. that would be cool.

*update after i wrote. i googled gmail changing themes. quoted from google, "In some cases, you can also customize by location. Some themes change during the day, and we use the location information you provide to correctly time these changes with your local sunrise, sunset, and/or weather. If you select one of these themes, you'll see a Country/Region drop-down menu appear. Select the country you want, and then enter a city in the field provided. If you don't enter a city, or enter an invalid one, we'll set your location to the capital city of the country you selected."

Google maps is creeping me out. I was using the phone app. Downloaded the new one. There was a notice of a new feature called street view. I figured it was a satellite image from above. I entered my address and the street view option was there. I decided to click it and I was creeped. On my phone, half the upper portion of my screen, was a full frontal pic of my house with my car in the driveway, and apparently it was garbage day. There was an option to expand, I clicked, and it went to full screen. I though nothing of it, until i pressed left and right. The picture did a sweep of my street as if i was standing there in front of the house turning my head. I can see down the street in both directions. And thats not all. When i press up while looking down the street, it starts going down the street. I went around the block. Its like old school doom. I don't like this. Some one had to be that bored to come to every POI on google maps and sit there, take a 360 degree interactive pic, every 10 feet, everywhere. All this on my phone. Went home to see it on the computer cuz i figured it would be faster. It was. So I went around town in an old school doom style. This is like stalker status.

0 comments: